As in previous years, applications for funding exceeded the budget allocated which has increased from €380,000 to €500,000 in 2022.
A total of 202 applications were received with 182 awarded.
Projects approved for grant funding in County Wicklow include:
- Hydrogeological assessment of Arklow Town Marsh to preserve the protected aquatic habitat (Arklow Tidy Towns)
- Glencree River Water Quality Project: Improvement and assessment (An Óige Knockree Conservation Group)
- Three separate Ecological Assessments of Cannistown River/Kilcoole Stream, Newcastle River and Swan River, Bray (Keep Kilcoole Tidy/Kilcoole Biodiversity Group, Newcastle Residents Association/ Biodiversity group, and Bray Tidy Towns/Swan River Conservation Group respectively)
- Enniskerry Tidy Towns Cookestown River Invasive Species survey and action plan
- Snapshot Europe 2022 Wildlife Survey across Wicklow Water Habitats (ReWild Wicklow)
- Refurbishment of Observation Hide at BirdWatch Ireland’s East Coast Nature Reserve (BirdWatch Ireland) and
- The Park Stream, Shillelagh. Installation of solar powered water fountain (Shillelagh Peoples Property Ltd)