Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Darragh O’Brien, TD, and Cathaoirleach of Wicklow County Council, Cllr Aoife Flynn-Kennedy, officially opened 208 new social-rental homes delivered by Co-operative Housing Ireland (CHI) in Bray.
With the addition of these 208 homes, CHI now owns, manages and supports 360 homes in Wicklow.
Kilruddery Glen, Southern Cross, Bray, is the largest delivery of social-rented estates in Wicklow in 2023, one of the largest delivered by an Approved Housing Body (AHB), and the largest in the history of Co-operative Housing Ireland.
The launch coincides with the housing co-operative celebrating its 50th anniversary.
- 208 homes: The largest development by an AHB in Wicklow, equivalent to the annual social housing delivery of a county the size of Wicklow
- CHI now owns, manages and supports 360 homes in Wicklow
- CHI is on target to deliver a record 700+ homes in 2023, trebling its annual output in 5 years
- Celebrating its 50th Anniversary, CHI is a unique AHB with six of its board members living in a CHI homes.
- Today, CHI provides 5,000 homes to nearly 14,000 people in 24 counties in partnership with 31 local authorities.
The delivery of these sustainable homes was achieved through a partnership with the Wicklow County Council, the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage, the Housing Finance Agency, the Housing Agency, and the estate was built by residential developer, Lioncor Construction, Townmore and designed by BHA Architecture.