Met Eireann is predicting June will be 'drier than average', amid the possibility of a hosepipe ban being introduced.
Irish Water says an order is 'likely', after greater pressure on the systems in the last week.
The government has reiterated Irish Water's message that a hosepipe ban is now 'very likely' after a long period of dry weather.
Irish Water says demand in the Greater Dublin Area reached 'record levels' on Saturday.
The utility reported 16 of its 900 systems were in drought, while another 38 are at risk.
The Housing Minister Eoghan Murphy has been in regular contact with Irish Water over the matter in the last couple of weeks.
Irish Water says any hosepipe ban will be announced in the coming weeks.
Local TD Highlights Success Of Shillelagh Tourist Pods Amid Fury At Short-Term Rentals Bill
Parents Reminded Wicklow SENOs Can Issue Letters Of Eligibility
Wicklow on High Alert With Wind And Rain Warnings In Place – No Incidents Overnight
Snow May Fall On Wicklow Mountains Tonight
Tánaiste Announces near €19 million Investment in Wicklow Roads