Childcare providers are warning the decision to allow asymptomatic children who are close contacts remain in creches will result in increased closures this winter.
Yesterday it was announced under 12s who attend primary schools or childcare facilities and have no symptoms won't have to restrict movements from Monday.
The Chief Medical Officer says, given the importance of education, now is the right time to make the change as the data shows the facilities are low risk.
There were 90 new outbreaks in schools last week - up 50 on the previous week, while the number in childcare facilities fell from 22 to nine over the same period.
Chairperson of the Federation of Early Childhood Providers, Elaine Dunne, says they're "shocked" and "disappointed" at the decision
Wicklow Boy Awarded €45,000 for Injuries Caused by Uninsured Driver
Wicklow Woman In TG4 Documentary On Embracing Life & Defying Age Stereotypes
Wicklow Rents Climb As Market Tightens In Line With Rental Reforms
Bray Quartet Florence Road Named Most Promising Act in Hot Press Readers’ Poll 2026
Wicklow Wide Coffee Morning Raises Almost €50,000 for Local Cancer Services