World Book Night 2020 - Halfway Up the Stairs Picks
Today is World Book Night, which celebrates books and the benefits of reading. We know our youngest listeners like to get lost in a book at home.
So, we asked Trish Hennessy from Children's Bookstore Halfway up the Stairs in Greystones, to share her top picks for Children.
1. 'Usborne Fingerprint Activities'
For ages 2+
Trish says its the its 'perfect to keep little hands occupied without the mess!'
2. Johnny Magory books by Emma Jane Leeson (illustrated by Kim Shaw/ Don Conroy) -
For ages 4+
Trish says its 'a great way to introduce children to nature & wilderness'
3. The Great Irish Science book by Prof Luke O'Neill (illustrated by Linda Fahrlin) -
For Ages 8+
Trish says its 'a wonderfully rich book explaining the world of science.'
4. Rugby Spirit series by Ger Siggins
For Age 10+
Trish Says the book is 'full of adventure, sport and a voice from beyond!'
5. The Deepest Breath by Meg Griffin -
For Age 13+
Trish says this one is 'a coming of age verse novel for young teens and it was nominated for the Children's Books Ireland Book of the Year.'
For more information or to get your hands on some good reads during Covid 19, Contact Trish by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy World Book Night 2020