On Air Now Tommy Greene Noon - 4:00pm Email
Now Playing Don't Get Me Wrong Pretenders

Wicklow Farmers benefit From Funding Under Sheep Welfare Scheme

Over  950,000 euro has been allocated to farmers in Wicklow through the Sheep Welfare Scheme, which helps to provide a higher level of care to their animals, with a focus on parasite control and mineral supplementation for lambs pre-weaning.

Payments worth over 14.7 million euro are being provided for 18,000 farmers nationwide  the funding is 85% of the total allocation,  with the remaining 15% payment to be paid in 2021.

The Irish Farmers Association says it also welcomes the news from the Department of Agriculture that the scheme will run again next year. 

More from Wicklow News

Later...

Co Wicklow Weather

  • Bray

    Sunny intervals

    High: 9°C | Low: 5°C

  • Wicklow

    Sunny intervals

    High: 9°C | Low: 4°C

  • Arklow

    Sunny intervals

    High: 8°C | Low: 4°C

  • Blessington

    Sunny intervals

    High: 6°C | Low: 2°C

  • Baltinglass

    Sunny intervals

    High: 7°C | Low: 1°C

Listen Live