The project at Shanganagh is aiming to deliver 291 social and affordable homes and 307 rental units with long term leases.
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council and the Land Development Agency will lodge a planning application next month.
The proposed development comprises a diverse range of home types and focuses on sustainable density levels. It features a wide range of ancillary facilities including (subject to planning):
- a crèche to take care of children living at the development
- a gym which will be available to all residents
- In excess of 1,200 bicycle spaces
- a local shop and café to create a sense of community
- communal lounge areas, community space and function rooms which can be used for social events and will engender community integration
- business pods and co-working units which will assist tenants who work from home or run small businesses
- a central energy centre which provides heating and hot water in the most sustainable and efficient way
- concierge and storage facilities for tenants to secure their belongings in a safe manner
- electric car charging points from commencement, with all spaces future proofed for additional charging points
- shared car facility
- children’s play areas.
The site occupies approximately 9 hectares and is zoned for residential development. It is adjacent to Shanganagh Castle, Shanganagh Park and Castle Farm and will be within 5 to 10 minutes’ walk of the proposed DART station at Woodbrook and BusConnects route on the nearby Dublin Road (N11).
The proposed development also includes new pedestrian and cycle connections.
The scheme has been designed to the passive house standard which offers a highly sustainable and efficient design.